Term software, disk driver encryption

Greg Broiles greg at ideath.goldenbear.com
Fri Jun 4 00:45:00 PDT 1993

Am suprised no-one's mentioned DISKREET, the encrypted disk driver software
included with the Norton Utilities. It does DES, though the manual doesn't
mention which flavor of DES it uses. I have been using it for roughly 2
years now without any trouble. It's been well-behaved and is probably
already on lots of folks' disks, by virtue of being included with the rest
of the Norton stuff.

I think "TPU" refers to Turbo Pascal Units. "Async Pro" is, if I remember
right, the name of an add-on async communications library for Turbo Pascal.
Telix is not free, but is freely distributable, as it's shareware.

Greg Broiles                            greg at goldenbear.com
Golden Bear Computer Consulting         +1 503 465 0325
Box 12005 Eugene OR 97440               BBS: +1 503 687 7764