The new PEM release supports non-authoritarian certificates

gnu at cygnus.com gnu at cygnus.com
Tue Jun 1 16:48:55 PDT 1993

You can generate your own certificates using the new PEM code from TIS.
This, in some ways, models the PGP "web of trust" model.  At least
it's a lot closer than the original PEM "you trust us, we don't trust you"
model.

They have also done something with the email address space, but I'm not
sure what.  Previously PEM required that you abandon your Internet
email address and use an X.400 based address in certificates and such.

More details will be available when the PEM release is out for FTP
(within days, I think).

	John