Anon remailer to USENET gate bogus

Paul Ferguson fergp at sytex.com
Sat Jul 31 22:05:26 PDT 1993

I have been experimenting the past few days with anon remailer to USENET
gateway systems to see what the results would be -- nada. I used Chael's
BSU system (nowhere at bsu-cs.bsu.edu) to attempt a usenet post which never
(magically?) appeared in the desired group (alt.privacy, I believe). I
waited for several days for the post, but nada, zilch, zero. I retried
the bsu remailer with a test message to make sure it was still active,
and yes, it seemed to work perfectly. My guess is that the usenet gateway
at utexas refuses anon e-mail. Anyone got any other suggestions? I
haven't tried any other gateways -- yet.

Cheers.

Paul Ferguson               |  "Government, even in its best state,
Network Integrator          |   is but a necessary evil; in its worst
Centreville, Virginia USA   |   state, an intolerable one."
fergp at sytex.com             |      - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

         I love my country, but I fear its government.