Paranoia and the Outlawing of Cash

Eric Blossom eb at srlr14.sr.hp.com
Thu Jul 29 11:57:13 PDT 1993

Jeremy R. Smith writes:

>	I too have noticed a growing trend in the use of electronic money
> for a wide range of transactions.  For example. I have an ATM card that
> was issued on my checking account.  With it, I can make purchases at any
> place displaying the Interlink symbol.  This includes gas stations, fast
> food places, and a lot of common stores such as the Good Guys, Circuit
> City, etc.
> 	Personally, I find this way of doing business a lot more
> conveinent than carrying cash money.  No large demoninations to worry

Can you say "dossier society".  Hope you don't buy cigarettes or
booze, or you may find that you can't purchase health insurance.

The problem is that *you* are tied to the card.  Please note that
debit and credit cards were designed primarily from the point of view
of the vendors and merchants.  Not the consumers.

Eric Blossom