Talking to Reporters, and Which Ones?

Nickey MacDonald i6t4 at jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca
Wed Jul 28 00:23:00 PDT 1993

On Tue, 27 Jul 1993, Timothy C. May wrote:

> Well here I just have to disagree completely. It's just a plain and
> simple fact that these sorts of magazines--"Wired" and its
> cousins--are having an enormous impact on folks. This is how many of our
> List members first learned of this List, this is how much of the
> crypto debate is being framed, and this is where interested readers
> will turn for information. (To the list I would add "Mondo 2000,"
> "Boing Boing," "Communications of the ACM," and a few other mags and
> journals.)

[A shameless plug for a favorite magazine...]

I actually learned about the list from an article in _Boardwatch_ magazine.
It has had pretty good coverage of PGP and the issues surrounding TLA "BBS
Arrests".

--
Nick MacDonald               | NMD on IRC
i6t4 at jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca  | PGP 2.1 Public key available via finger