Sprint-bound

Paul Ferguson fergp at sytex.com
Tue Jul 20 16:04:25 PDT 1993

On Mon, 19 Jul 93 22:24:38 -0700,
 John Gilmore <uunet!toad.com!gnu> wrote -

> So, will you be working for SprintNet?  We have been evaluating
> quotes for Internet service from them.  They seem to have pretty
> good policies -- better than most -- though from what I hear, their
> uptime (quality of service) is poorer than the other vendors.

Hi John.

Actually, they refer to themselves as "SprintLink." ;-)

In all reality, I'm leaving Computer Sciences Corporation for a
consulting position with Mindbank Consulting Group, based in the
Washington, DC area. While CSC has kept me travelling five days
a week (mostly in New Yawk City), I welcome the opportunity to
stay closer to home for a change. (My wife is certainly happier.)

If you turn to page 339 of "The Whole Internet User's Guide & Catalog
(by Ed Krol, copyright 1992, O'Reilly & Associates <nuts at ora.com>),
in the middle of the page you'll see the name of gentleman for whom
I'll be working.

I remain distanced from the controversy surrounding the
Sprint/Congressional-hearing debate, because I do not work there
yet. <g>

As far as their reliabilty, I certainly hope to contribute to the
future of Sprint's connectivity reputation; hopefully that will be a
good thing.

Wish me luck, chum.

Paul Ferguson               |  "Government, even in its best state,
Network Integrator          |   is but a necessary evil; in its worst
Centreville, Virginia USA   |   state, an intolerable one."
fergp at sytex.com             |      - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

         I love my country, but I fear its government.