It could happen to anyone (fwd Washington Post commentary)

Brad Huntting Brad.Huntting at HK.Super.NET
Mon Jul 19 18:04:08 PDT 1993

> Is it just me?  Or does CNN just not cover things like the
> Randy Weaver trial when the gov't loses?

CNN (like every other real-time news service) is under pressure to keep
costs down.  So they tend to rely on tried and true sources such as the
government.

They're staff probably didn't hear about this case till long after it
became "yesterdays news".

On the other hand, perhaps they have been sucking up to "government
sources" for so long, they just blindly assume that what they say is
what's news worthy.

brad