Crypto Conference from Hell

L. Detweiler ld231782 at longs.lance.colostate.edu
Fri Jul 16 21:38:15 PDT 1993

Dr. David P. Maher, Chief Scientist for AT&T Secure Communications
     Systems, AT&T
>As broadcast and multiple access
>technologies are used increasingly for information transmission, and
>everyday business is carried out in "cyberspace," structures that
>ensure privacy, authenticity, and (often) anonymity must become part
>of the natural landscape.

wow, is this guy a cypherpunk? Gad, this is really mainstream. NYT,
Newsweek, SciAm, and now a cryptographic conference *with* the NSA!
We've hit the big time.  (Oops, he's from AT&T.)

>Wednesday, August 4, 1993
>
>8:30-10:30
>CRYPTOGRAPHY POLICY IN THE U.S.

YIKES, the fireworks are going to fly at this one. CSSPAB (NIST), EFF,
NSA, FBI, SPA all in the same room at the same time. I sure hope
there'll be transcripts of this one. It would sure beat all that
Congressional testimony by far for rancor per bit! Cryptography meeting of the year?