Final flyer

John Draper crunch at netcom.com
Thu Jul 15 12:23:04 PDT 1993

Thanx to the wonderful fast action on the part of the Cypherpunks and SFRavers
I now have the final copy and flyer printed up to hand out at raves,  and other
social events.    The flyer has following information...

Keep "Big Brother" out of your face

If you have a computer and modem,   use Electronic mail,   or keep personal
data on your computer,  it may soon be illegal for you to protect it by
using personal encryption programs,  if our snoopy government has their way.

Last April,  the Clinton Administration proposed a new Encryption chip
called the "Clipper chip" which permits authorities with a "Master key"
which unlocks encrypted data.  Would you trust your authorities with a
key to your house?   Of course not!!

Ravers should take note that our group of "Freedom fighters" called
"Cypherpunks" are making important tools available you can use now
to protect your sensitive mail and data that cannot be unlocked using
this so called "Master key" scheme.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF),  and Computer Professionals
for Social Responsibility (CPSR),  are important lobby organizations
dedicated to keeping our government in check and preserving our
privacy. They need your support.   Please contact them at address below.

Our goals are to get the word out,  and get as many people as possible
to use simple encryption tools like PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) so our
government cannot make their use illegal.  This program PGP, is
available on PC-DOS, Macintosh, and UNIX computer systems free of
charge.  Look for PGP distribution booths at future raves,  and
spread the word.

For more information,  contact:

CPSR
PO Box 717