Mailer tests

M. Stirner M..Stirner at f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG
Mon Jul 12 14:28:50 PDT 1993

Just a quick note to say that I sent out a packet of tests for the remailers via the RBBSnet UUCP gate following the standard Cypherpunks form:

To: remailer at some.place.edu

::
Request-Remailing-To: me at my.address.com

This is a test of the ... remailer...

I sent this message to each of the following:

hh at pmantis.berkeley.edu
hh at cicada.berkeley.edu
hh at soda.berkeley.edu
phantom at mead.u.washington.edu
00x at uclink.berkeley.edu
remailer at utter.dis.org

I received the test message via the remailer at utter.dis.org quickly & without problems.  I have yet to get the other messages, nearly a week later.  With the exception of remailer at utter.dis.org, all of these have been habitually unresponsive to regular tests.  I have been able to get the soda remaier to work once, & with the efforts of the remailer operator, was able to get the phantom remailer to work once.

I have been unable to get the anonymus+info at charcoal.com remailer to accept mail after some six attempts.  The Charcoal daemon bounces back the messages as coming to an unknown addressee.

The Extropia PGPed remailer seems to work well, as does the hal at alumni.caltech.edu remailer.  Nearly everything else seems very iffy.

Which remailers claim to be able to mail directly to newsgroups?

********************************************************************* * <m..stirner at f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org> - PGP Key D30909 via servers *
* > What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not  <*
* > warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit <*
* > of resistance?  Let them take arms!" - Thomas Jefferson, 1787  <* ********************************************************************* ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
--
M. Stirner - via FidoNet node 1:125/1
UUCP: ...!uunet!kumr!shelter!28!M..Stirner