Racal Datacryptor

Paul Ferguson fergp at sytex.com
Sat Jul 10 08:43:10 PDT 1993

While looking through my weekly snail after getting home last night, I
opened up a advertising card deck put together by Info Security News.
One particular advertisement got my attention, which I am going to
send for more technical information and perhaps a catalogue. (I have
used Racal-Datacom routing, bridging and mux equipment extensively,
and all-in-all, they're pretty solid boxes. Caveat: This point, however,
has no reflection on the quality of their s-boxes.)

Here is the complete text on the postcard:

"Encryption You Can Depend On!

Racal-Datacom, a world leader in data encryption, offers a full range
of high-quality Datacryptor (Registered Trademark) encryptors for use
in Government, Banking and Finance, R&D, and any application that
needs secure data transmissions!

Datacryptor highlights include:

- Automatic/manual key changes
- Generates and stores up to 400 keys
- Easy to manage and program
- Centarlized of front-panel operation
- Protects Dial-up, Leased Line, or Shared Packet Transmissions
- Up to E-1 rates
- DES and proprietary algorithms
- ANSI X9.17
- FED-STD 1027
- RSA Public Key
- And More!

For more information on Racal-Datacom Datacryptors, return this card
or call 1-800-RACAL-55."

The address (should anyone be interested) is:

Racal-Datacom
ATTN: Pre-Sales Support
155 Swanson Road
Boxborough, MA 01719-9980

(The small, black and white picture on the postcard reveals a small
box, not unlike an external modem, with two key-locks on the front
panel.)

Paul Ferguson               |  "Confidence is the feeling you get
Network Integrator          |   just before you fully understand
Centreville, Virginia USA   |   the problem."
fergp at sytex.com             |      - Murphy's 7th Law of Computing

               Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?