ANON: nntp, apology

Ed Carp khijol!erc at apple.com
Thu Jul 8 15:12:15 PDT 1993

> I apologize for posting this essentially three times.  I'm sure by now
> nobody cares how to forge a usenet post :-)

I thought it was pretty good.  After all, the implications of such a scheme
are widespread.  I can imagine someone posting a message to talk.politics.guns,
purporting to be from clinton at whitehouse.gov (or whatever the White House
email address is these days), saying that personally he thinks Sarah Brady
is an idiot, but that he has to go along with the Brady Bill for political
reasons, and hell, he's just an Arkansas boy who goes out behind the Oval
Office and target practices with the Secret Service staff on weekends...

Of course, along more sinister lines, someone anonymously posting death threats
to Clinton might not be caught, but the Secret Service would sure be all over
someone's system REAL FAST.  I suppose it's an interesting "denial of service"
attack against a site that you don't like...
--
Ed Carp				erc at wetware.com			510/659-9560
   For anonymous mailers -->   anonymus+5300 at charcoal.com
"Disagreements are not meant to be challenges.  They are just a different
 reality."  -- Risa D'Angeles