Motorola

XXCLARK at indst.indstate.edu XXCLARK at indst.indstate.edu
Thu Jul 8 00:44:32 PDT 1993

  >Anyone know anything about Motorola's new phones (models VST 100,
  >VST 350,VST 550, locally priced at $179, $249 and $299 Canadian)?

	Secure Clear (tm) Technology is the only...

	What's in a name?

	In this case, bullshit.

	I believe they do a simple frequency inversion, known in the
  `20's, easily defeated with a $15 kit added to one's scanner or for
  $5 in parts. Technology of the `20's packaged and named for the `90's.

	To quote a Canadian general, former commander of UN forces in
  Bosnia: "The UN doesn't have much in the way of communications. All
  we have is Motorola [radios]."

     internet      : xxclark at indst.indstate.edu   RelayNet (488)
     Vanilla BITNET: XXCLARK at INDST                FidoNet (1:2230/114)
     Phone: 911                                   TechNet 11:800/0
                      We're all Bozos on this bus.