Is this true???

Geoff White geoffw at nexsys.net
Fri Jan 29 12:43:55 PST 1993

> are specifically those that monitor secret information?  What exactly
> do> Regarding the claim that one major monitoring hub is code named
> "elizabeth" in Boulder Colorado.  There is a government standards
> agency there, if I am not mistaken, I forget if it is NIST (?).  Also,
> the National Center for Oceanic Research, which has very tremendous
> computing power (e.g. Cray YMP) is there also.  In their tours they
> show massive archival storage areas, which they say record major
> amounts of global atmospheric data (e.g. temperatures, wind currents
> etc.) collected from satellites.  These could conceivably be in part
> "covers" but the idea is also rather unimaginable.  Can anybody report
> on agencies in the areas cited?  There is the very specific claim of a
> carrier in Columbus Ohio.

Well to add more paranoid fuel to the fire, it is no secret that there is a lot
of "intelligence" activity around the boulder/colorodo springs area.
But I don't think this alone is enough to prop up or refute this claim.

The most damageing part of the story IMHO is the line about the 9 track tapes
going :) Get real! Now Banks of Hi-8 maybe ...