possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

Marc.Ringuette at GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU Marc.Ringuette at GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
Fri Jan 15 12:30:20 PST 1993

> If you read closer, you will see that you need "special permission from
> RSADSI" to use non-published interfaces to RSAREF.

I thought their interface was good enough to do all of the obvious
operations -- RSA block encrypt and decrypt being the most important --
and that this restriction was just to prevent bizarrelly hacked
versions of their code from being confused with the original.

>       R_SignPEMBlock     computes a digital signature on a message
> R_VerifyBlockSignature   verifies a digital signature on a block of
>                            data such as a certificate

Let me know if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

-- Marc Ringuette (mnr at cs.cmu.edu)