mental poker protocol

Karl L. Barrus barrus at tree.egr.uh.edu
Wed Jan 13 09:15:34 PST 1993

Hal writes:
>Am I missing something in the description of the protocol, or was the
>actual protocol perhaps a little different than this?

Oops.  I typed too quickly; the posted protocol specified shuffling
the entire deck to form message M3.  Thus, each player draws from a
full deck.  While this isn't exactly poker, I'm still willing to play
somebody.  So Hal's right: the original protocol is different - it's
not broken like the one I posted :-)

The post to sci.crypt was in response to a bit commitment question.
Here, players commit by making public their hashes.  Later, everyone
can verify when the messages are known.

If anyone's interested, send me a notice to elee9sf at menudo.uh.edu.
(The server for my other account is acting erratic and I'm considering
moving my subscription).

| Karl L. Barrus                    |
| barrus at tree.egr.uh.edu (NeXTMail) |