Crypto goals

FutureNerd Steve Witham fnerd at smds.com
Tue Feb 23 21:33:09 PST 1993

>How about making a list of features we want, and/or a list of scenarios
>we want to be able to handle?
>    executable but non-disassemblable code [is it possible?]
>Have I missed anything?
>
>-- Marc Ringuette (mnr at cs.cmu.edu)

Encrypted computing.  This is even harder than non-disassemblable code.
The idea is that you couldn't even tell what happened to the data if you
watched it compute, tried again with slightly different inputs, etc.
I've heard that some restricted sort of encrypted computing is possible
with an exponential time cost!

The main application I have in mind is a mix that would be trustworthy
even if it was run by your worst enemies with the best computers in the
world.

This seems impossible but I don't have proof.

-fnerd
fnerd at smds.com (FutureNerd Steve Witham)