New Directions on the Internet-Privacy what are the threats...

Kelly Goen snake at Cadence.COM
Sun Feb 21 21:07:03 PST 1993

Hi all,
     to John Gilmore in particular... John I would like to use the
incident I discussed with you in encrypted mail as a start to discussing what
the technical/programmed threats to privacy on the Internet
using just simple scripts and programs available on the Internet.
I agree that is does range somwhat far from the usual fare of crypto
but it began as a PGP-key-server to mailing list correlation and
it definitely illustrates the current threat there is to privacy...
I would like to use the toad.com site as an example while not revealing the
list contents in the open posting due to personal feelings and
ethics about privacy... how do you and the list feel about this new topic
area...

    thanx and cheers
    kelly (oklahoma) goen
p.s. The response I have gotten for my call to action has been gratifying
indeed I will get back to everyone of you as time and preparation
 of the FAQ permits... I welcome ALL of your suggestions, critiques and
help as well as pointers to programs and information...
btw is "Digital Privacy" off the presses yet and if so where
can I get a copy in the silicon valley area... best
of luck to all the members of this list  and thanx again...
--------