CELP speech compression code at cygnus.com:/pub/celp.speech.tar.Z

John Gilmore gnu
Fri Feb 5 16:12:59 PST 1993

The code is up for FTP where you-all can get it.  I made both compressed
and gzip'd versions (gzip gives smaller files than compress, is faster
to decompress, but slower to compress).

-rw-rw-r--   1 gnu      cygnus    2571835 Feb  5 16:04 celp.speech.tar.Z
-rw-rw-r--   1 gnu      cygnus    2099441 Feb  5 16:09 celp.speech.tar.z

Much of the tar file is samples of compressed and uncompressed speech,
(used for testing the code).  The actual C code is about 340K uncompressed,
and there's also a Fortran version in there.

I have a copy of the actual compression standard, but not online.
The Information Liberation Front is welcome to a copy -- maybe
I should just leave it on the table at the next meeting and hope someone
"anonymously" picks it up and scans it in.  It's public domain, so
there's no special thrill from liberating it.

	John