WHAT ARE SMARTDRUGS

Oliver Seiler oseiler at unixg.ubc.ca
Fri Dec 31 12:50:51 PST 1993

On Fri, 31 Dec 1993, Chris Smart wrote:

> Ok, I'm totally new tto CP, have not read any of the Gibson novels, but
> have read the Frequently Asked Questions thing for this group and I have
> a question for all of you.
> What are "smartdrugs"?  I already take a multi-vitamin pill daily, but
> is there something I can take to heighten my allertness or energy level?

First off, this is really the wrong place to post this (doesn't have anything
to do with cryptography, etc.) So please don't ask this sort of stuff here,
since their are for more places that you could...

Some pointers would be to getting some books on the subject of nutrition,
or on smart drugs, such as Smart Drugs and Nutrients (Dean & Morgenthaler).
You might try some assorted newsgroups, such as alt.psychoactives, and
you might try some archive sites. Various alt.drugs archive sites come to
mind (off the top of my head, I can think of two: fenris.claremont.edu and
ftp.u.washington.edu)

> I'm asking this because I want to get into programming in a big way, and
> need something a bit nicer then large amounts of coffee and chocolate to
> keep me awake. <g>

That's because caffeine and chocolate really aren't the best things to use
if you want to concentrate... Getting lot's of sleep and knowing what you
want to accomplish in advance are what work's for me... (plus a healthy dose
of good nutrition, vitamin supplements, pseudo-vegetarian diet, amino acid
supplements, various herbs, and on and on). Good time organization is
a good thing. Don't try to remember everything in your head. but of course
this really isn't the place...

> Thanks,
> Chris.

Now, please don't send me flames for responding to this... Maybe other people
who were looking for similar info will not bother posting (sure.....)

-Oliver

ObCrypt: I've ordered a book by the name of Applied Cryptography, by a B.
Schneier, on the recommendation of a friend of mine. I had a quick look at
it, but I'm interested in finding out if anybody else has read it? Any
comments?

| Oliver Seiler          + Erisian Development Group +  Amiga Developer  +
| oseiler at unixg.ubc.ca   +-------------Reality by the Slice--------------+
| oseiler at nyx.cs.du.edu  | Phone: (604) 683-5364     Fax: (604) 683-6142 |
| ollie at BIX.com          | POB 3547, MPO, Vancouver, BC, CANADA  V6B 3Y6 |