mail-to-news gateway

Eric Hollander hh at pmantis.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 23 16:16:07 PST 1993

I'm currently setting up my soda.berkeley.edu remailer so it will post stuff
to news.  It's working fine, but I'm having an internal debate with myself:
Do I want it to automatically anonymify the postings (that's what it's doing
now) or should I have them with names on them?  The only real difference is
that if they have names on them by default, people will have to bounce it
through a remailer first if they want anon.  Also if it's always anon, it
may lead to more abuses, and might not be as useful in some ways.  What do
people think?

Btw, it's open for testing right now.  To use it, send mail
hh at soda.berkeley.edu with the following line in the header:

Request-Post: alt.test

and it will post.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PUBLICIZE THIS SERVICE YET, BECAUSE IT IS STILL IN
"BETA".  PLEASE DO NOT USE IT TO POST TO GROUPS OTHER THAN TEST GROUPS.