eavesdropping detection

Jim choate ravage at wixer.bga.com
Thu Dec 23 11:05:59 PST 1993

Hi Tim,

Hope you are having a good holiday...I am....:)

Anyway, I got this catalog from some security convention that I went to which
had all kinds of cameras in objects. They had them in toilet paper tubes for
Airports (after seeing this I always put my jacket over the toilet paper roll
in public restrooms....:) and clocks for Banks and semi-public areas.
Generaly they would have a fiber optic cable run a few inches to a small
vidicon type setup. There are also the ones made w/ CCD's which may or may
not have a cable to them. With the b/w cameras it is possible to digitize the
video and store it on audio cassettes (there was a toy camera a couple of
years ago which used this technology, it is still highly prised by amateur
roboticists) or even send it over a am rf link (one of the local volunteer
fire depts. uses this technology for fighting brush fires).

Any particular questions? Can't promise an answer...