eavesdropping detection

Stephen Williams sdw at meaddata.com
Wed Dec 22 11:05:34 PST 1993

> For spike microphones and such there are two methods of defense, easy and
> hard. The easy way is to set of some kind of noise generator to mask the
> sounds and do a physical search of the outside of the building w/ a linemans
> induction pickup. If the mike's are using cable (not rf or you would have
> found them w/ the spectrum analyzer) then you should hear the signal at some
> point. The hard way (assuming they are sending the signal in some other way
> other than rf or land line, say a pwm laser) is to get yourself a set of IR
> goggles and check the place out.

Most camcorders can see IR normally and have an IR filter that sometimes
can be removed.  Turning off the lights will help.

> Hope this helps....
>
> Have a Merry Christmas

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams  Local Internet Gateway Co.; SDW Systems 513 496-5223APager
LIG dev./sales       Internet: sdw at lig.net CIS 76244.210 at compuserve.com
OO R&D Source Dist.  By Horse: 2464 Rosina Dr., Miamisburg, OH 45342-6430
GNU Support          ICBM: 39 34N 85 15W I love it when a plan comes together