Writable CD-ROMS as one-t

Terry Smith terry.smith at canrem.com
Sat Dec 18 05:21:39 PST 1993

          Trestrab at gvsu.edu wrote
 |-------------------------------|

>Is there anything inherently superior about CD-ROMs as a one-time
>pad ? The size differential vis a vis Bernouli drive cartridges,
>floptical disk drives, or just plain old floppy disks is kind of a
>mixed blessing, and still doesn't answer the major question with
>one-time pads - secure dissemination.
>
>          Jeff
 |-------------------------------|

If you record - say - 5 of them and send them by 5 seperate couriers and
xor them together to send the message, your enemy has to compromise etc
5 people.

                    Terry Smith - XANTH sysop - 1:259/510
                CI$ 70733,3013 PGP 2.3A KEY FREQABLE AS 'KEY'.
 My opinions are not that of my company. But one day they WILL be! And then -
                        the -+*WORLD*+- Bwaw ha ha !!.
                       Read the Tick and others by NEC.

---
 * TLX v1.55 * Can't wait for them 100Gb, 10ns drives!