NSA CAN BREAK PGP ENCRYPTION

Greg Broiles greg at ideath.goldenbear.com
Thu Dec 2 14:52:36 PST 1993

uunet!psu.edu!rxt109 (Bob Torres) writes:

> check out this load of bull that I pulled off of alt.privacy today.
> Reminds me of those chain letters....
>
> >        A lot of people think that PGP encryption is unbreakable and that th
> >NSA/FBI/CIA/MJ12 cannot read their mail. This is wrong, and it can be a dead
> >mistake. In Idaho, a left-wing activist by the name of Craig Steingold was
> >arrested  _one day_ before he and others wee to stage a protest at governmen
> >buildings; the police had a copy of a message sent by Steingold to another
> >activist, a message which had been encrypted with PGP and sent through E-mai

Mr. Steingold is still being held; yet another modern American political
prisoner. He's asked that all people, everywhere, supportive of freedom
of speech and association please send him Christmas cards; he's hoping to
get into the Guiness Book of World Records, and hence gain publicity
which will make the evil sheriff set him free.

His address:

Craig Steingold
Inmate # 231768
c/o Washington County Jail
Coeur d'Alene, ID 97401

(Ok, ok, just kidding. Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Don't send cards. The
bandwidth police can come get me now.)

--
Greg Broiles                       Lemon Detweiler Pledge?
greg at goldenbear.com                  You're soaking in it.