EFF Op-Ed from the NY Tim

BETH TRESTRAIL trestrab at GVSU.EDU
Thu Dec 2 09:48:36 PST 1993

Perry Metzger writes:
> Matthew J Ghio says:
>> If you're not enrolled at a major university, or employed
>> at a computer-related company, and don't subscribe to an expensive
>> online service, getting an internet account is NOT easy or cheap.
>
>To most of the nations population, which lives in cities, it costs
>under $25 a month total variable cost including phone costs. It is
>likely far more expensive in rural areas.
>
>Perry

Indeed. My account at Delphi costs $20/ month for the first 20 hours
and $1.80/hr thereafter (plus $3/mo surcharge for Internet access
other than e-mail). The total cost is not signifigantly more than
the cost of the daily paper (yet its far more informative...).

There is a $9/hr charge for access 6am-7pm, though, so I use my
wife's account to read this and other lists (and you probably thought
I was psuedospoofing :-))

          Jeff