Cisco response

L. Detweiler ld231782 at longs.lance.colostate.edu
Sat Aug 28 00:17:59 PDT 1993

RISKS 14.89 27 Aug 93

===cut=here===

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1993 11:15:23 -0700
From: Paul Traina <pst at cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Cisco backdoor?

There are no known bugs in any software providing access-control-list
functionality in any current cisco software.  There has only been one very
obscure bug that could cause a security problem in the history of our product,
and we immediately fixed this problem, published an immediate workaround, and
informed CERT of this problem.  We have never, and will never implement any
sort of trapdoor or backdoor functionality which would allow bypassing of
ordinary security systems.

Paul Traina, cisco Systems