Commercial PGP; trapdoor rumors

Pat Farrell pfarrell at cs.gmu.edu
Fri Aug 27 07:38:18 PDT 1993

In message Fri, 27 Aug 1993 01:46:57 -0400 (EDT),
  Mike Ingle <MIKEINGLE at delphi.com>  writes:

> Will PKP agree to condone the use of the free version for personal
> non-profit communication? They will if they know what's good for their
> bottom line. PGP could become a standard, and they stand to make
> a lot of money off its success.

In April, I talked to Jim Bidzos @ PKP, and he agreed to allow his
licensed RSA code to be built into a PGP compatible freeware program.
I believe some folks at MIT were planning to start work on it...
After all, cypherpunks write code...

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 pfarrell at cs.gmu.edu
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>