Further PGP Security Doubts

Anon of Ibid an31185 at anon.penet.fi
Thu Aug 26 17:12:36 PDT 1993

an31144 at anon.penet.fi writes:

["Raymond Paquin"]
>.. claims that PGP is fatally flawed, though the flaw is in niether
>RSA or IDEA, but rather somewhere within the PGP part of the program.
>
>Copping the "I can say no more!  I have said too much already!"
>melodrama, no more detailed information is forthcoming.

Yes, this seems to be a persistent rumour, though I've no idea how true
it might be. I uploaded PGP to a bulletin board a few months back and
received a message from another user claiming the same thing. (And taking
the same copout...)

I've been meaning to take a good look at the source for a while, I think
it's about time to investigate the key generation code.....

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help at anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin at anon.penet.fi.