No digital coins (was: Chaum on the wrong foot?)

David Mandl dmandl at lehman.com
Tue Aug 24 12:07:18 PDT 1993

Well said, Eric.

There's no reason for people to assume that "We're all [fill
in name of your political faction] here."  We've got a common
goal/program and happily we agree on many of the most crucial
political issues.  Everything seems to work fine without subtle
swipes at other people's views or egocentric assumptions about
what we all believe.  Some people on this list, for example,
are staunch anti-capitalists, but we're polite enough to hold
off on the capitalist- and spectacle-bashing rhetoric because
we generally respect other people's views and realize that
there's no good in it.

Recently, one bonehead posted a message stating, in effect, that
this is an Extropian list.  That is, of course, nonsense, but
even more, it's obnoxious, egomaniacal, and pointless.  This
is a very diverse list, but I think we know what assumptions
are NOT shared by everyone.  Your remark did seem like a blatant
taunt, Perry.

   --Dave.