Mail --> News gateways

cdodhner at indirect.com cdodhner at indirect.com
Mon Aug 23 22:21:41 PDT 1993

> Are there any alive and functional mail-to-news gateways other than
> anon.penet.fi? What format do they use? In particular, is there one
> which can be put at the end of a chain of Cypherpunks remailers?
> I tried the two mentioned in the "Hal's Instructions" file, posting
> to alt.test, and they didn't work. How does one post to a group with
> a - in the name, such as alt.fan.david-sternlight?

Ok, so far as I know, both of those remailers are still active, but at
least one of them blocks posts from all the anonymous remailers that the
operators know of. (I don't think they know of mine yet.) To post a
message to alt.fan.david-sternlight use the address of
alt-fan-david-sternlight
when posting to the remailer. Or so I've heard, someplace on this list a
while back I think. BTW, My remailer is still haveing trouble decrypting
messages sent to it, but unencrypted remailing requests still work fine.

> To BlackNet: until alt.w.a.s.t.e or a similar group is created,
> why not use alt.test for anonymous communication? Nobody really
> cares what's posted there, since nobody reads it except to find
> their own test posts. The poster could put a recognizable string,
> such as your hex key id, in the subject, allowing you to find it
> quickly with the newsreader's search command.
>
>                                   < MikeIngle at delphi.com >

I second the motion. Good Idea Mike.

Happy Hunting, -Chris.