anonymus at charcoal.com is going away

jrk at sys.uea.ac.uk jrk at sys.uea.ac.uk
Sat Aug 21 07:21:39 PDT 1993

Hal Finney writes:
>What I would then do is to ask the sysop for the addresses which are
>receiving the objectionable mail, and I would add them to my "blocked"
>list, so that my remailer would no longer send mail to those individuals.
>They would then have no more reason to complain to me.

It seems unsatisfactory for people to have to accept either all mail
from the remailer or none.  Can you not allow recipients to block mail
only from specific ids?  The sender of the mail can probably arrange
to send from a new id instead, but they're unlikely to if they're not
told that their mail was refused by the recipient.

Richard Kennaway                  __\_ /    School of Information Systems
Internet:  jrk at sys.uea.ac.uk      \  X/     University of East Anglia
uucp:  ...mcsun!ukc!uea-sys!jrk    \/       Norwich NR4 7TJ, U.K.