T R A F F I C C I T A T I O N

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Fri Aug 13 01:32:56 PDT 1993

> They tried robot-photo speeding tickets in Pasadena, California a
> few years ago, but I understand the judge threw out all the
> challenged tickets and they discontinued the practice.  We might
> see automatic tickets reincarnated a few years hence when the highway
> starts reading bar codes on our cars.  Then you'll get a ticket
> if you arrive at your destination sooner than is deemed
> proper!  Bar code forgery might become popular (and necessary
> for those of us who don't want government dossiers of every trip
> we make).
>
> Nick Szabo				szabo at netcom.com

T R A F F I C  C I T A T I O N

Distance travelled: 14.31 miles.
Time elapsed: 13.86 minutes.
Average speed: 61.95 MPH
Speed Limit: 55 MPH
Excess Speed: 6.95 MPH
Penalty: 6.95 x $50 = $347.50

This is your 8th speeding ticket in the past 23.17 months. Your
accumulated excess speed penalty is 81.03 MPH, resulting in an
additional $519 surcharge for abusing the National Health Care Plan
through dangerous driving. Your insurance rates have also been
automatically increased $125 per year for each ticket.

If you wish to contest this, pay the fee, pay a $425 court fee, and
bring your own evidence. We estimate your court date will be 7.23
years from now.

Have a nice day.