[uk.transport] Speed Camera with OCR

Nick Szabo szabo at netcom.com
Fri Aug 13 01:08:20 PDT 1993

They tried robot-photo speeding tickets in Pasadena, California a
few years ago, but I understand the judge threw out all the
challenged tickets and they discontinued the practice.  We might
see automatic tickets reincarnated a few years hence when the highway
starts reading bar codes on our cars.  Then you'll get a ticket
if you arrive at your destination sooner than is deemed
proper!  Bar code forgery might become popular (and necessary
for those of us who don't want government dossiers of every trip
we make).

Nick Szabo				szabo at netcom.com