help with encryptor

Peter Davidson wet!naga
Thu Aug 5 18:22:04 PDT 1993

>Subject: help with encryptor - please?!?!
>To: cypherpunks at toad.com
>
>     I've been working on a program for MS-DOS machines that will
>encrypt and/or password protect .COM and .EXE files.

>    I've got it working really well at this point - but my encryption
>algorithms are rather simple.  I'm fairly new in the encryption biz,
>and I was wondering what would be good to use for the file encryption
>algorithm to make it as secure as possible?

I dunno, but the Aug/Sept 1993 issue of PC Techniques magazine
contains a notice on page 100 of the publication of something that
might be useful. It's a C library of encryption routines (Microsoft
and Borland compatible). "The encryption method is a symmetric key
encryption process applicable both to blocks of data in RAM ... and
also to data residing in disk files. ...  Full source code is
included ..."   Unfortunately it's not free (though I don't suppose
there's any reason why it should be).  The notice says further details
are available from the publisher at 510-464-3009.