Recent AP story...

J. Michael Diehl mdiehl at vesta.unm.edu
Sun Aug 1 22:53:43 PDT 1993

According to Peter Wayner:
> Apparently, a recent Congressional investigation has revealed widespread
> misuse of the National Crime Information Center. The most scandalous
> case occured when an ex-officer found his ex-girlfriend using the system
> and killed her.
> In other cases, the girlfriend of a drug dealer ran all the new recruits
> through the system to see if they were undercover agents. In many cases,
> private investigators accessed the data for a number of different
> purposes.

Can this be documented?  If so, this would be the most convincing arguement
against the Big Brother chip.  References anybody?  Thanx.

J. Michael Diehl   ;^)  | Have you hugged a Hetero........Lately?  |
mdiehl at triton.unm.edu   | "I'm just looking for the opportunity to |
mike.diehl at fido.org help|    be Politically Incorrect!"  +=========+
al945 at cwns9.ins.cwru.edu| Is Big Brother in your phone?  | PGP KEY |
(505) 299-2282  (voice) |    If you don't know, ask me.  |Available|
PGP Key = 7C06F1 = A6 27 E1 1D 5F B2 F2 F1  12 E7 53 2D 85 A2 10 5D
This message is protected by 18 USC 2511 and 18 USC 2703. Monitoring
by anyone other than the recipient is absolutely forbidden by US Law