npr report

Phil Karn karn at qualcomm.com
Fri Apr 30 13:44:08 PDT 1993

> This is a *wonderful* analogy.  Imagine if one could not buy a set of
> locks for their house w/o buying the government lock-box to go beside
> the front door.

It's an even better analogy (for me) because of the experience I had a year
ago with a house I was renting. The owner had put it up for sale, so a
lockbox was installed on the garage door. One day I came home and noticed
that the box was open, and the key inside was missing.

Gave me a real warm and fuzzy feeling.

One of the really nice things about now owning a house (vs renting) is
that I can change the locks whenever I please and I don't have to give
a copy to *anybody*...

Phil