Tough Choices: PGP vs. RSA Data Security

Ian S. Nelson ian at bvsd.Co.EDU
Thu Apr 29 18:23:11 PDT 1993

> Several people from RSA, including Bidzos at the last Cypherpunks
> meeting at Mountain View (I wasn't there, but take a look at the meeting
> "minutes"), have stated repeatedly that if someone were to ask for
> permission to use the internal interfaces of RSAREF in order to write a
> PGP-compatible program, they would grant permission.
>
> However, as of two weeks ago, *NOT* *A* *SINGLE* *PERSON* *HAS* *ASKED*.
>
> To those of you who have repeatedly said "Cypherpunks write code" (and I
> applaud that attitude), consider this a challenge.  :-)

If they are so willing to let us do this, then will they tell us why we have to
use their code?  If they are willing to do it, it shouldn't matter what code we
use.

--
Ian S. Nelson			I speak for only myself.
Finger for my PGP key.