Tough Choices: PGP vs. RSA Data Security

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at lehman.com
Thu Apr 29 09:34:53 PDT 1993

[I am CCing this to Jim Bidzos at RSA.]

Timothy C. May says:
> Cypherpatriots,
>
> This is a tough posting to write. I may even be called a quisling, or even
> a sternlight!

Actually, I do not disagree with your fundamental points. Jim Bidzos
is not, fundamentally, an enemy of privacy. He's just in a difficult
position because his livelyhood comes from selling patent licenses.

If a program existed that was legal and freely distributed like RIPEM
but ran as fast as PGP and offered the "web of trust" model of PGP,
I'd use it immediately.

Perry