Rave on...

Brian Behlendorf Vitamin B bbehlen at soda.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 27 14:39:14 PDT 1993

Hmm... the problem is I don't think a majority of the people at raves are
focused enough to concentrate on something as technical as that (I KNOW it
isn't technical to you and me, but the average raver doesn't even
know what the word encryption means).  HOWEVER, raves ARE the ideal place
to hand out info about what's going on, something the raver can cling onto
to read and understand when he's not high on {vibes,music,drug,etc.}.  Give
pointers to where to get more info or where to obtain PGP, and perhaps
most importantly, WHY THEY NEED IT.  Within a certain amount of time, but
most likely sooner than any of us anticipate, there will be more people with
email access than without, so "taking the message to the streets" is becoming
less and less of a fanciful idea....

        Brian