Cypherpunks

Brian D Williams talon57 at well.sf.ca.us
Fri Apr 23 11:25:15 PDT 1993

 I would like to agree with Tim May about the continued use of the term
Cypherpunk. More than anything else it accuratly portrays us as people who
do things a little differently. Some of my other associates feel similiar
about the use of the term Cyberpunk.
    I am very curious about the physical nature of the so called "wiretap"
chip itself. Recent postings about the exotic nature of it's construction
have me wondering. Could there be a hardware backdoor into the chip?
 I was also considering the value of refering to the clipper as a "Sneaker
chip" after the movie. This would have the advantage of revealing it's flaws
and the organizations involed at the same time, in a format familiar to the
general public.
  One last thing, my e-mail address is at well.sf.ca.us, but I reside in
Chicago IL, I reach y'all via a gateway here at Ameritech, but it's strickly
telnet, and ftp for now.......

                                                      Brian D Williams
                                                   Cyber/Cypherpunk