No Subject

ah at uknet.ac.uk ah at uknet.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 07:07:09 PDT 1993

To: cypherpunks at toad.com
Subject: Re: The Family Key
Newsgroups: ml.cypherpunks

In article <199304211229Y.AA28337 at sun.Panix.Com> wrote:
>I think the largest weakness in the whole Clipper scheme, and
>I am not sure If I am right about this is,....
>Thus, the NSA will be able to maintain an active traffic pattern
>analysis of ALL communications sent via the Clipper chiped devices.
>
>I think in many ways that traffic watching can and does often reveal
>more information about someone than at time listening in to what
>is actually being said.

I can't help feeling that they'll be looking for a little more, an edge;
not enough that their promises to the executive are broken, but enough to
get an edge if they need to decrypt without the key. No offense against
the NSA of course, but that's how I'd expect the British to work "in the
National Interest".

Rgds
Alan

---