Waco, crypto, and unbreakable links

Patrick E. Hykkonen pat at tstc.edu
Tue Apr 20 06:43:02 PDT 1993

> We can only speculate that the loss of life
> might have been much fewer if the Branch Davidian
> cult had a copy of PGP as well as a 2m packet
> radio.
>
> They could have maintained private links with journalists
> who could have given us their side of the story, which
> now, tragically will never be told.

I thought about this yesterday at lunch, at about the time the fire
started in the Davidian compound.  Only as it applies to the overthrow
of a government or such.

Agree on the initial frequency and time, then send the next frequency
and time encoded in the message text to avoid jamming.

"A rebellion is not a few men huddled around a candle talking in
whispers.  But a large, well funded, organization with an intricate
communications network."  - Unknown

--
Pat Hykkonen, N5NPL                     Texas State Technical College at Waco
{pat,postmaster}@tstc.edu                      Instructional Network Services