MEDIA: Calm

Matthew J Miszewski MJMISKI at macc.wisc.edu
Sun Apr 18 18:14:20 PDT 1993

Everyone,

  Im glad to see so many insightful letters being sent/broadcast to media
types.  I think that our cause would be better served with a toning down
of the rhetoric and techno-talk.  I understand what your saying but Joe
Byline may not.  Keep it simple.

  On that note, I think one more effective strategy is for some cypherpunks
to write thoughtful letters which appear (or do) come from strict lay people
scared at the thought of the "Wiretap Chip".  If it appears that only techno-
types care about this issue, then no one else will.  I know non-crypto experts
read this list, so this is a call to you to express your opinions publically
as john/jane doe on the street.  You dont have to speak to the technical
side of things at all.  Simply let the world know your afraid and so should
everyone else.  Leave the cryptoanalysis to the experts (Tim, Eric, et al)

  Keep up the good work everyone.

Matt