The gov't makes sense ;-)

Peter Baumbach baumbach at atmel.com
Sun Apr 18 06:14:20 PDT 1993

My eyes have been opened, after reading the White House press release.
Privacy can only be allowed if the users don't break any laws.  If
through accident or other means we find that someone who is using
privacy has broken the law, we need to be able to discover what has
been hidden by privacy in the past to see if other laws were broken.
It is for the greater good!  Let's have the gov't set a good example
for us too follow.  I want all government employees and anyone they
have spoken to, to be recorded always.  The tapes will be encrypted
and stored safely in the hands of all losing presidential candidates.
If a citizen has probable cause to believe that a person in gov't has
broken the law, then, with proper safeguards, he will be given copies
of the appropriate tapes and the keys, to get to the bottom of this.
If through accident or other means we find that someone who is using
privacy has broken the law, we need to be able to discover what has
been hidden by privacy in the past to see if other laws were broken.

It is for the greater good.

Peter Baumbach
baumbach at atmel.com