WARNING: Forward of unposted alt.config message

Robert W. F. Clark rclark at nyx.cs.du.edu
Wed Apr 14 14:02:36 PDT 1993

I am sending this here _prior_ to posting it to give advance
warning; responses received have varied on the methods of
creation of the group, but have largely tended toward a consensus
that it is wise to have some sort of discussion period; in
addition, I have chosen a cross-post to those groups most likely
to have an interest in creating the group, and if this results
in a flamewar in alt.config, so be it.  After I tally the votes
and they vastly outnumber the NOs I will create the newsgroup
without further delay.  I just wish for people to clarify; sorry
if you missed it, but this is going out in four hours exactly to
the aforementioned newsgroups.  I will implement all important
suggestions mailed to me by that time, including alteration of
procedural points, wording changes, alteration of Newsgroups:
line, etc.  I will also delay posting if valid and immediate
concerns are brought to light; however, since I leave the
major axes:  Moderated or unmoderated, length of discussion
period, length of voting period, open for discussion, it should
not be a disaster if it goes out in its current form.  Join
the discussion, and if you like the idea, PLEASE send a YES
vote only WHEN the Call for Votes is posted.

Additionally, suggestions for additions/deletions of Newsgroups
from the crosspost, or a more appropriate place to
redirect replies, or any suggestions whatever will be adopted
if suitable.

If you have no interest in the privacy issue, please type 'd' now.

----