PHRACK: Article from PHRACK 42 on encryption

Douglas Mason approach!douglas at approach.com
Wed Apr 7 08:28:27 PDT 1993

> groups like sci.crypt already have some pretty good documents.
> There is no need for spreading of misinfomation like phrack.

The problem is that Phrack has a distribution that goes in other directions,
where a simple Usenet newsgroup can not reach.  I've seen files from past
Phrack issues available on Public Domain archive sets for BBS's.  Phrack has
been around for quite a while now and unlike a lot of the other series
on-line mags, it is probably going to be around for a while longer.  CuD and
the likes are great for news, but where else can you find somewhat lengthy
papers on various topics?  Even if most of it is elementary, there is always
something interesting in each issue, even if it is just to see some of the
personalities that are out there.

Like it or not, piece of crap or otherwise, it does get around.  It's going
through ownership changes and probably would like to find some people that
would be willing to help out with "cleaning" it up.  Why not help?

--Doug

---
Douglas Mason                                douglas at approach.com
Network Administration                       CompuServe: 76646,3367
Approach Software Corporation                +01 415.306.7890