(fwd) Registering "Assault Keys"

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Wed Oct 28 18:24:57 PST 1992

Cypherpunks,

Things have gotten truly exciting. The posting I made alerting
sci.crypt readers to the plans of the Crypto Establishment has
generated something close to a hundred responses! And lots of private
mail for me (moral support, questions, etc.).

Dorothy Denning, in what writer correctly called a "spirited defense"
of her proposal, acknowledged the truth of my posting and then went on
to embellish her plan. I urge you all to read her well-written
comments, if only to see how the Establishment views crypto
technology.

Several members of this list have also written cogent comments.

My latest article is included below, for those of you who may not have
Net access.