D-H telnet protocol

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at shearson.com
Tue Oct 27 22:34:58 PST 1992

>From: gnu at cygnus.com

>As I said before, you're free to take what I come up with and add
>authentication.  But stop berating me in public for doing something
>to further the use of cryptography.

I'm not berating. I'm just suggesting.

I understand your reasoning about not wanting users to need to do any
administration, and I also understand your desire to do something good
for the crypto community. I will not argue that its a bad thing. The
only provisio I make is that it is SO easy to spoof exponential key
exchange that I'd argue that providing authentication is crucial if
people aren't going to be lulled into a false sense of security.

Perry