fbi-wiretap-bill (& ftp.eff.org)

Fen Labalme fen at netcom.com
Sat Oct 24 13:24:14 PDT 1992

>> Speaking of that stupid FBI phone legislation, do you know where I can
>> obtain an exact copy of the bill?  If you have it, please mail it to me.

Mail sent.

Also, a pointer to ftp.eff.org is worthwhile to note.
I just grabbed a new copy of the bill from there, under /pub/EFF/.
Below are some file listings from their archives.  Enjoy!

Yours in networking,
Fen Labalme

fen at genmagic.com           fen at netcom.com                   Just say "Know!"
General Magic              Broadcatch Technologies          We Are Everywhere

    Member of the League for Programming Freedom <league at prep.ai.mit.edu>,
              the Electronic Frontier Foundation <eff at eff.org>, and the
Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility <cpsr-staff at csli.stanford.edu>

ftp> cd pub/EFF
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
eff-issues
legislation
about-eff
mission-statement
legal-issues
.message
about-eff.ps
papers
local-chapters
historical
newsletters
newsnotes
226 Transfer complete.
160 bytes received in 0.012 seconds (13 Kbytes/s)
ftp> cd legal-issues
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
bbs-defamation
privacy-vs-amendments
copyright-law-software
copyright-libraries
bill-of-rights-overview
ecpa-laymans-view
email-privacy-biblio-2
media-and-law
email-privacy-research
search-seizure-files
review-liability
tempest-legal-issues
bbs-and-the-law
against-look-and-feel
computer-security-intro
cyberspace-legal-matrix
electrifying-speech
eff-fbi-analysis
private-open-society
226 Transfer complete.
411 bytes received in 0.038 seconds (11 Kbytes/s)
ftp> cd ../legislation
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
ecpa-1986
computer-crime-laws
fbi-wiretap-bill
telecom-act-hr3515
ecpa-1986-senate-bill
tribe-proposed-amendment
nren-bill-text
gpo-windo-info
privacy-act-1992-calif
gore-infrastructure-bill
new-fbi-wiretap-bill
226 Transfer complete.
230 bytes received in 0.024 seconds (9.3 Kbytes/s)
ftp>